INTO DUST: Impact at a Glance
It has been six months since we launched INTO DUST, and we’re pleased to report that so much has happened.
INTO DUST is now globally available on three platforms, Real Stories, WaterBear and Amazon. We’re thrilled that publications from all over the world, from the BCC to Dawn News, have engaged deeply with the film–both about the story of Perween Rahman and about the ways it highlights the global water crisis. Catch up with all of the news here.
Since our launch at SIWI World Water Week in August 2021, INTO DUST has:
- Hosted over 100 screening in 25 countries and counting
- Engaged 18 community partners across 6 countries
- Created an advisory board of thought leaders and experts in water justice
- Held 6 High Profile Screening Events including:
- SIWI World Water Week screening and panel
- SXSW panel
- Geneva Water Hub event with UN Special Rapporteur on the right to safe drinking water
- NYC Climate Week panel
- London premiere with Pakistani actor Ahad Raza Mir
We have engaged esteemed thought leaders in water justice including:
- UN Special Rapporteur on the right to safe drinking water, Pedro Arrojo-Agudo
- Journalist, Salma El-Wadarny
- The UN Environmental Program
- Politician and activist, Mohammad Jibran Nasir
- Journalist, Beena Sarwar
- 2020 Head of Global Water, John Oldfield
INTO DUST has been shared by the following prominent influencers with a collective reach of over 2.7 million people:
- Ahad Raza Mir
- Maghroob Syed
- Maxine Peake
- Asjad Naseer
- Ayesha Shoaib Rana
Special thanks and gratitude go to our partners at the Grundfos Foundation, without whom none of the film’s achievements listed above would have been possible.
All of this serves as testimony to the astounding legacy of Perween Rahman, continued through work of OPP and her sister Aquila Ismail. We dedicate ourselves to fighting for #waterjustice for all, in honor of Perween Rahman and we thank you for your continued support in uplifting her life’s work.
Write a Comment